Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Salt distressing - part 3

And this third one is for my dear friend Åsa's birthday. She loves turquoise, so I found a chipboard with the right color and some pink dots on it. This time I salt distressed it with clear embossing powder to leave it as visible as possible.

I found cardstock that matched, and some vellum with small glitter on. I traced the chipboard and made some stamping on the bottom half, a Tim Holtz stamp with white ink.

I glued on the chipboard, and then finally mounted it together with some matching brads in the corners.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Salt distressing - part 2

The next I did was with hologram embossing powder, which made the chipboard piece semi see-through.

I used the other piece from the gesso bg that I made a while ago, and stamped it with a StazOn black flower. Used a black Posca pen to fill in the gaps and leaves, and a white one for the flowers.

Mounted it on a white paper.

Also added some Stickles to the flowers to match, and the chipboard. And finally I put it on a dark blue/purple card.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Salt distressing - part 1

In the February 2011 issue of Craft Stamper there was an article of DIY distressing with salt. I thought I might give it a try with some colored chipboard that I have.

This 1st card is done like in the example, with watermark inkpad and white embossing powder. Then heat again and sprinkle salt on the hot embossing and heat again to make it stick.

I then colored them with red Distress ink. Then I glued the cake paper on the card and gessoed it, and finally sprinkled glitter on it. Left a small border to match the flowers.

And here is the finished card with the flowers mounted, and a center of mother-of-pearl Pearl maker.

Birthday card for my father

Borrowed some of Åsas stamps from Tim Holtz to make a card for my father. Had a certain article from Craft Stamper in mind, a scene from London with Distress Stains (think it was in the January 2012 issue).

Since I dont have any Distress Stains, I thought I take my new Inktense pencils to color with.

I masked the areas I wanted white with Masking fluid, and let it dry. Then I scribbled with red, gray and some blue/greens.

Then I took a waterbrush to distribute the color, and added some more color where needed. The masking fluid didn't work so well with the water coloring, so some of the card came off when I removed it.

I also added a bird in the top corner, where the paper had become a bit rugged. I punched it out from double coated adhesive, and then sprinkled glitter on it.

Finally I mounted it on white paper, and a black card.